I help individuals and couples find relief, develop more resilience and create enlivening change. I use gentle, yet potent methods to help you understand and overcome the issues you are faced with.
I help clients work through relationship difficulties, trauma, as well as difficult life transitions such as:
- Losing a loved one
- Coping with a life-threatening illness
- Dealing with a child leaving home
My approach to helping people:
I have provided treatment since 1997 and I know how, with support, resourceful, wise and creative you can be in bringing about your own growth and healing.
I provide you with guidance, respect, warmth and a sense of humor so you feel more comfortable and confident to deal with the issues that brought you to therapy. It's a joy and an honor to collaborate with my clients.
I tailor my approach to your individual strengths, goals and needs for change. It's important for us to focus on what you are doing well, in addition to what you would like to change.
My areas of specialization:
- Trauma: I use cutting-edge therapy that research has shown can effectively reduce, or eliminate, symptoms of trauma for many people.
- Support for medical professionals faced with malpractice claims: Getting sued by a patient can cause a variety of intense reactions. I provide a confidential supportive place for you to work through them and restore well-being.
- Hepatitis C treatment support group: If you are undergoing treatment, this group is to help you avoid isolation and feel connected with those who understand the difficulty you are going through. I facilitate and teach you ways to manage the mental and emotional side effects to ease your journey.
- Workplace performance enhancement: I help people work through job related performance anxiety (e.g. giving presentations).