“The great challenge in our busy world is to stay connected with ourselves—with our bodily felt experience, our living wisdom…and our depth.” John Welwood
Welcome. I help people tame their sabotaging impulses and distressing patterns. Consider these stumbling blocks as misguided ways to deal, when young, with overwhelming emotions, situations or unrealistic expectations.
I offer a dynamic, yet gentle, way of working that goes beyond insight, and promotes core level change. Together, we discover the wisdom spoken through the body's felt senses, using the mind-body connection and focused awareness. This leading-edge therapy, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, is grounded in the latest research on effective treatment for trauma and early relationship issues. Another effective treatment method I use is EMDR for trauma and early emotional wounds.
I see individuals and couples. I welcome all races, genders and sexual orientations. I work with various challenges:
- Addictions (substances, eating disorders, workaholism, etc.);
- Perfectionism or excessive self-criticism;
- Feeling inadequate, worthless or wanting to become invisible;
- Giving up too much of yourself to be in relationship (co-dependance);
- Feeling incompetent or like a fraud/imposter syndrome;
- History of childhood neglect, emotional wounding; physical or sexual abuse;
- Can’t say “No,” and then feeling overwhelmed with a too to do;
- Avoiding conflict at all costs, especially at a cost to yourself;
- Excessive shame or guilt;
- Difficulty developing close relationships, or relationship power struggles;
- Anxiety (hyper-vigilance, panic, racing thoughts, worrying, sleeplessness or a vague feeling looming doom) or
- Feeling dead, numb or often sad.
Goals and outcomes might include:
- Feeling truly yourself-who you were meant to be versus who you had to be;
- More ease and ability to live in the moment, enjoying life as it is;
- Greater self-acceptance, self-compassion or self-love;
- Feeling emotionally available for close connection with others;
- Feeling effective, competent or empowered to create desired change;
- Setting reasonable limits;
- Embracing, leadership roles, or
- Feeling comfortable working with authority figures.
My role is akin to an experienced gardner. Given the right conditions of guidance, warmth, mindfulness and a little humor, clients discover what frees them to heal and grow. I listen, from the heart, to my clients’ moment-to-moment experience so they feel deeply understood. I guide them to lean into their strengths, and use self-mastery experiences to further transform inner discord into greater harmony.
I invite you to contact me for a free phone consultation to see how I may be of service.
click here to email from contact page